27 Jan 16
The Witness VR Working on the Oculus Rift
The official Witness VR patch is in the works but that doesn’t mean you can’t play The Witness on an Oculus Rift. With just a few simple steps you can get a working version of “The Witness VR Edition“. Please note that there are some bugs and HUD glitches as this isn’t an “official” VR mod or patch. There are issues with the Oculus Rift’s Positional tracking and some if not all of the text is very hard to read.
Here’s our guide to get The Witness working on the Oculus Rift:
- Open up Steam
- Go to your Steam Library and Right-click on The Witness and select Properties.
- Click set launch options under the General tab.
- Type in -vr and click OK.
- Exit the Properties window and launch The Witness.
- Grab a controller (Mouse + Keyboard Controls Don’t Work in VR mode)
- Under The Witness Setting, Set The graphics setting to low to reduce any lag or juddering.